Sunday, June 24, 2012

Honest Abe

Robert took me to see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter today. Yes, I know it's rated R and yes there are a few parts that did not need to be in there but hello..... it's a vampire movie so it's going to be violent. I didn't think I'd like it at all but I was pleasantly surprised. Even though I found myself cuddling up to Robert at the really intense scenes, I really enjoyed it and found myself getting caught up with the storyline.

It was a historical/fiction film. I love how it actually followed his life through his Presidency. The way it was presented made me feel and wish that it was real. And really.... who doesn't love a good vampire movie. There's something about vampires that intrigues me and I love the idea of it.

The best part about the movie was that It made me want to come home and read all I could about Abe. I'm thinking that this coming year that we're going to learn about a different President every week and I cannot wait to teach the kids about all of the amazing things President Lincoln did!

No comments: