Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Twilight Controversy

Okay, so I'm sure most of you have heard about this. There is a group of people who believe that Twilight is an EVIL thing. Seriously. It doesn't make any sense to me. Granted, it is a book that has a major character that is a vampire. In my opinion it's a love story about two teenagers and one of them just happens to to be a vampire. It's about good triumphing over evil.



It's not a graphic book or movie. I personally loved reading the Twilight Saga and enjoyed the movie very much. It has it's cheesy parts but what movie doesn't? If you take the time to read all 4 books, i think it's obvious that the Author is LDS and that does affect her books. Most Authors would have had Bella and Edward all over each other half way into the book. I believe that Stephenie Meyer's faith impacted her writing, and I am grateful for the example she has set.

There have been a few incidents at church with the Young Women where their Twilight possessions have been thrown across rooms and disrespected in numerous ways. I am sick of this and wish people would learn that it's not okay to disrespect other's property. Is this really the way Heavenly Father would want us to behave??? I don't think so.

No comments: